2022 Detroit auto show press days recap: Mustang reveal, Biden visit, EV charging tech
A recap of news and events from the 2022 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
September 8, 2022 4:22 PM
The 2022 North American International Auto show got underway in Detroit with press days this week before opening to the public Saturday. While there were fewer world debuts than usual there was still plenty to talk about:
- President Joe Biden toured the show floor and touted his domestic EV and battery policy. The administration also announced it approved 35 EV infrastructure deployment plans by states and territories.
- The seventh-generation Ford Mustang was unveiled as part of a “Mustang Stampede” into downtown Detroit.
- Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares said he was open to the unionization of coming U.S. battery plants.
- Just ahead of the show Chrysler unveiled a 300c variant with a 6.4-liter Hemi engine.
- Mobility, technology and EV charging companies were a bigger part of the show and conversation.
There was plenty to keep reporters busy.
Here's the rundown: