This ebook discusses how forward-thinking automotive manufacturers embrace digital thread software and use the model-based definition (MBD). It also explains how different functional departments can use MBD for the following:
• Procurement provides an MBD to suppliers in a TDP for the RFQ process.
• Tooling can create the geometry and non-geometric details of molds, dies, and other tools.
• Machining can generate toolpaths based on a design’s geometry and non-geometric information.
• Illustrators can reuse geometry and non-geometric information to produce instructions that include illustrations and animations.
• Inspectors can produce CMM toolpaths and compare results for manufacturing conformance.