Of all the F&I stories Automotive News published in 2018, readers were most interested in auto finance regulation and the role of the F&I manager.
Four of the 10 best-read stories published in 2018 centered on auto finance regulation. This year the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's auto lending guidance was revoked and the Department of Defense added an interpretation to the Military Lending Act that directly affected dealerships' sale of guaranteed asset protection. Automotive News readers were also interested in the evolution of the F&I manager's duties and job description. Stories related to the topic filled two slots on the top 10 list.
Here are the 10 best-read F&I stories published in 2018:
- Trump signs congressional resolution overturning auto lending rule
- Penske ponders the costs of F&I managers
- Murky Military Lending Act requirements leave industry scrambling
- Zurich pulls back on some dealerships' insurance
- U.S. House, in victory for dealers, votes to curb CFPB lending guidance
- JM&A pilots virtual F&I sales consultants
- GM Financial customer accounts disrupted after computer upgrade
- Connecticut finance manager charged with larceny
- The 0% auto loan era fades into rearview mirror
- As CFPB retreats, what's next for dealer reserve?