Getting to know you
More than half of consumers — 58% — said they feel as though personalization technology violates their privacy. 56% feel it is "too creepy." But here are the more encouraging findings for dealers:
- 74% of consumers think a personalized experience at the dealership is important.
- 68% said they don't mind companies using personalization technology if it improves their overall shopping experience.
- 67% said personalization technology will improve the vehicle-buying process.
- 63% said personalization technology will improve the ownership process.
- 62% of respondents said they still want to sign the final paperwork in person, with a dealer rep on hand.
Source: Cox Automotive Technology and Transformation of Retail Study