Magee also shared advice for fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the work force.
"Promote pay equity," he said. "Develop a strategic training program. Make it easy for your people to participate in employee resource groups."
Audi Turnersville parent company Penske Automotive Group Inc. owns six of the top 10 Best Dealerships To Work For this year. Stores from Lithia Motors Inc. and Larry H. Miller Dealerships — soon to join Asbury Automotive Group Inc. — make up the remainder.
Penske dealerships commanded 35 spots on the 2021 list, the most of any dealership group. Its stores didn't appear in the 2020 rankings, but the 2019 list featured 33 Penske locations.
Penske, of Bloomfield Hillls, Mich., ranks No. 2 on Automotive News' list of the top 150 dealership groups based in the U.S., with retail sales of 178,437 new vehicles in 2020.
Learn more about Audi Turnersville and the 99 other 2021 Best Dealerships To Work For here.
Here are the top 10 dealerships this year:
1. Audi Turnersville, Turnersville, N.J.
2. Larry H. Miller Hyundai Peoria, Peoria, Ariz.
3. Mini of Warwick, Warwick, R.I.
4. Porsche Monmouth, West Long Branch, N.J.
5. DCH Kay Honda, Eatontown, N.J.
6. Jaguar-Land Rover Englewood, Englewood, N.J.
7. DCH Academy Honda, Old Bridge, N.J.
8. Mercedes-Benz of Fairfield, Fairfield, Conn.
9. BMW of Warwick, Warwick, R.I.
10. DCH Millburn Audi, Maplewood, N.J.