Michelle Cervantez, 36
VP, Marketing, Jaguar Cars North America, Ford Motor Co.
Education: B.S., marketing, University of Southern California; M.B.A., marketing and finance, University of Notre Dame
First automotive job: Customer Relations Representative, Ford Customer Service Division, Ford Motor Co., 1988
Proudest achievement: "Being a part of the team that brought the Lincoln LS to market."
On being successful: "Have a point of view and see it through."
On being a woman in the industry: "There is no other industry in the world that offers more challenges and opportunities, and Ford Motor Co. quite simply is the best outfit in the business. The great thing about Ford is that being a woman is immaterial. You're evaluated only on how well you do the job."
Other positions at Ford Motor Co.:
- 2000 Trustmark Marketing Manager
- 1999-2000 Corporate Advertising Manager
- 1997-99 Lincoln LS Brand Development Manager
- 1995-97 Mercury Marketing Communication Specialist
- 1992-94 Group Leader-Supervisor, Ford Customer Assistance Center
- 1989-92 Parts and Service Zone Manager, Boston and D