General Manager, Pontiac-GMC Division, General Motors
Education: B.A. marketing, Michigan State University; M.B.A., marketing, Michigan State University; Tuck Management Program, Dartmouth College
First automotive job: Statistician/analyst trainee for Oldsmobile
Proudest achievement: Successful execution and evolution of the Pontiac Driving Excitement position. Also, setting and directing new positioning for GMC.
On being successful: "I have a philosophy, a pretty successful one, to work hard and be tenacious. I've always done that. And when I was one of the few women around, mentors helped me progress up the ladder."
On being a woman in the industry: "I don't do my job as a woman. I do what I need to do. (But) early on, (being a woman) probably pushed me to work harder and learn more. As the only woman in sales and marketing, if you do a good job you get a lot of visibility."
Other positions at General Motors include:
- 1996-99 Category Director, Pontiac and Pontiac-GMC
- 1992-96 Marketing Services Manager; General Director, Brand Management and Marketing; General Marketing Manager, Pontiac
- 1989-92 General Director, North American Car and Truck Planning
- 1985-88 Director of Planning, Oldsmobile
- 1982-85 Marketing Director, Oldsmobile