Janine Bay, 47
Director, Vehicle Personalization, Ford Motor Co.
Education: B.S., chemistry, Lawrence Institute of Technology; M.A., management, Central Michigan University
First automotive job: Paint chemist at Celanese Corp., 1974
Proudest achievement: "My Ford achievement would result in a tie between the launch of the 1993 SVT Cobra and launch of the 1999 Mustang "
On being successful: "Follow your dreams, be an advocate for change, learn from others and drive toward win-win solutions."
On being a woman in the industry: "The opportunities are endless. The potential to make a difference is huge. I believe in developing a work force that mirrors your customer base - so there's lots of room for women in the auto industry."
Other positions at Ford Motor Co. include:
- 1998-2000 Director, Export and Emerging Markets, and Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- 1994-98 Vehicle Line Director
- 1993-94 Manager, Vehicle Durability Development Analysis and Control
- 1991-93 Manager, Special Vehicle Engineering
- 1976-84 Product Design Engineer, Body En