Anne Doyle, 52
Communications Director, North American Operations, Ford Motor Co.
Education: B.A., Spanish, University of Michigan; Graduate work in Television News, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University
First automotive job: Assistant Manager, Broadcast News, Ford Public Affairs, 1987
On being successful: "The auto industry asks so much of you. To be successful and perform at the intensity and speed of this business over the long run require high energy, joy in your work and balance in your life."
On being a woman in the industry: "I think my experience as a woman covering sports in the early '80s prepared me well for working in the auto industry. You have to be very comfortable in a man's world and willing to take the heat of being highly visible and a change agent. The increasing diversity of Ford Motor Co.'s leadership team is one of our strengths, and women with strong and insightful voices are definitely being heard."
Other positions at Ford include:
- 1998-2000 Public Affairs Manager, Ford Division
- 1996-98 Public Affairs Manager, Lincoln Mercury
- 1994-96 Public Affairs Manager, Rear Wheel Drive Vehicle Center
- 1991-94 Director, Governmental Affairs Communications
- 1989-90 Public Affairs Manager, Parts and Service Division
Various positions as a Reporter/Anchor/Producer:
- ABC affiliate, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- KHJ-TV, Los Angeles
- WJKB-TV, Detroit
- UPI, Southeast Bureau, Atlant