Anne Asensio, 38
Director, Brand Character Development, General Motors
Education: Degree of Technical Sciences in Industrial Design, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Appliques et Metie; B.S., Arts, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Appliques et Metie; Certificate, Center for Creative Studies
First automotive job: Internship with France Design Heuliez Group
Proudest achievement: Designing the 1991 Renault Scenic concept car
On being successful: "To be a woman is not so easy at the beginning. But as soon as you prove you're as able as a man to do the same job - maybe better - it can be an advantage. As soon as you prove yourself, (the men) follow you anywhere."
On being a woman in the industry: "It puts pressure on you, but I like to feel the pressure makes me become better all the time."
Positions at Renault SA include:
- 1998-2000 Director of Design for Medium Cars
- 1997-98 Chief Designer for Small and Medium Cars
- 1990-97 Designer, Chief Designer, Renault Advanced Design Car Center
- 1989-90 Car Designer, Renault-Chrysler collaboration
- 1987-89 Car Designer, Utility and Heavy Vehicles