Anna Kretz, 48
Vehicle Line Executive, Vans and Crossovers, GM North America Car Group, General Motors
Education: B.S., electrical engineering, Oakland University; Master's degree, business administration, Central Michigan University
First automotive job: Research and Development, Product Engineering, Buick, 1972
Proudest achievement: Standing at "Inspiration Point" and seeing the first Saturn sedan roll off the line.
On being successful: "Going into every assignment with enthusiasm and curiosity, seeing the possibilities. Leaving every assignment with obvious results and contributions. Not being afraid to reach for the impossible."
On being a woman in the industry: "I have had doors opened for me and slammed in my face. I have earned respect from my colleagues, and it has given me confidence to do more. When I have been challenged by individuals, I have made a point to let my results speak for themselves."
Other positions at General Motors include:
- 1995 Vehicle Line Executive, Large Cars, GM North America Car Group
- 1995 Engineering Director, Process and Product Assurance, Cadillac/Luxury Car Division
- 1992 Director, Product and Technical Planning, North American Operations
* 1989 Director, Product Assurance, Saturn Corp.
* 1985 Chief Engineer, Electrical and Electronics, Saturn Corp.