Two former Automotive News staffers, Edward Lapham and Marjorie Sorge, have been named to the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame.
Lapham, Sorge and five other inductees will be honored at a ceremony in the fall. Other inductees this year will be:
- Tom Henderson, longtime reporter for sibling publication Crain's Detroit Business.
- Al Allen, a radio and TV reporter on the streets of Detroit for 50 years.
- Joanne Gerstner, multiplatform sportswriter, educator, scholar, mentor and author.
- Jean Jennings, 40-year automotive writer and editor.
- Susan Whitall, former editor of Creem magazine, music historian, columnist and author.
Lapham joined Automotive News in 1977 as the newspaper's first financial editor.
He served in many capacities over 36 years, including marketing editor, managing editor, executive editor and editor.