There can be no better marketing for an auto dealer than to hear a chorus of customers proclaiming to all their friends, "I got a great deal!" For the Best Dealerships To Work For winners of 2017, those proclamations may very well be coming from their customers, but we know for sure that their employees feel that same way. The dealerships on this list have employees who have told us that they have gotten a sweet deal ... from their employer!
A truly great deal is a "win-win" for each side. In the case of a best place to work, the employer gets a highly engaged work force that will go above and beyond for the good of the organization. They will be loyal and they will give their employer the best chance for success. The employees will be part of a workplace culture designed and cultivated to make sure employees love coming to work every day. These employers know what drives employee engagement, particularly for this industry. According to the employee survey we conducted to determine the winners, the top drivers are:
1. Feeling like they are part of a team working toward a shared goal
2. Having confidence in the leadership of the organization
3. Most days, feeling like they have made progress at work
4. Liking the type of work that they do
5. The organization treating them like a person, not a number
6. Having room to advance at the organization
7. Quality being a top priority with the organization
8. Being satisfied with the organization's benefits package
9. Being treated fairly by their supervisor
10. Feeling physically safe.
This is Year 6 for this program, and it has exceeded all of our expectations. There are more dealerships participating, and the competition is fierce. Our firm, Best Companies Group, conducted the two-part survey to determine who is good enough to make the top 100, and where they all rank. It's an extensive evaluation. The Employer Questionnaire represents 25 percent of the scoring, with the Employee Engagement & Satisfaction Survey representing the remaining 75 percent.