And it’s being created by Old Auto.
Lately, consumers have been seeing a lot of major automakers doing the corporate equivalent of a perp walk. It’s not a good look.
Consider how the industry appears to the average person who absorbs news while flipping through the channels, surfing websites or scrolling through Twitter.
In the last few years, that person might have noticed …
- Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda being grilled by a congressional committee.
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra being grilled by a congressional committee.
- Federal officials scolding Fiat Chrysler for resisting a product recall.
- Hyundai and Ford, under federal pressure, restating their claimed fuel economy numbers.
- The startling admission that Volkswagen flat-out cheated on diesel emissions tests.
(Coming soon to a news feed near you: Volkswagen of America CEO Michael Horn -- you guessed it -- being grilled by a congressional committee.)
- Federal officials investigating FCA for slow-walking reports of safety problems.