Last week, Ford introduced a Limited version of the F-150 that will start at about $60,000 and likely top $70,000 when loaded with options.
The 2016 F-150 Limited, which goes on sale this winter, features 22-inch polished aluminum wheels, Mojave leather seats and interior accents made of aluminum and fiddleback eucalyptus. Each truck's production number is laser-engraved in a VIN plate on the center console lid.
So what do you get when you max out other half-ton pickups sold in the U.S. with the most expensive set of options? We found prices identified more with upper-end German performance sedans than vehicles that can haul a load of hay. All prices include shipping.
- 2015 Nissan Titan SL 4x4 Crew Cab Heavy Metal Edition: $49,275
- 2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4 CrewMax: $50,110
- 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Limited EcoDiesel 4x4 Long Bed Crew Cab: $62,265
- 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Denali: $64,155
- 2015 Ford F-150 Platinum SuperCrew, 6-1/2 Box, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost Engine: $65,710