The National Automobile Dealers Association it will hold its annual convention in Las Vegas every other year through 2022, the association said Friday.
Doing so will require the convention’s dates to bounce around, with the gathering occurring in January some years and February or March other years.
“Las Vegas is an extremely popular destination for the top-tier conventions and trade shows, and these events are booked many years in advance,” said NADA President Peter Welch in an article in NADA Headlines.
“In order for NADA to move the convention to Las Vegas every other year, we had to change the dates from our traditional January-February timing for the 2016, 2018 and 2022 shows so that we could secure our desired timeframe in the long term,” he said.
Here is the schedule for the convention:
- 2016 Las Vegas: March 31 – April 3
- 2017 New Orleans: Jan. 26-29
- 2018 Las Vegas: March 22-25
- 2019 San Francisco: Jan. 24-27
- 2020 Las Vegas: Feb. 14-17
- 2021 New Orleans: Jan. 21-24
- 2022 Las Vegas: March 10-13