Information about everyday dealership operations was the biggest draw this year for readers of Automotive News’ weekly F&I Report.
Five of the 10 best-read stories dealt with day-to-day business, including the top two items: “The story behind that list of dealership slang” and “Outsmart the fake pay stub.” Two items on employee pay plans and one on a projected 2016 surge in off-lease vehicles also resonated with readers hungry for operational info.
Looks at the reinvigorated General Motors and its plans for branded F&I products and for GM Financial drew large audiences, too. As did a couple of stories dealing with the regulatory environment: BMO Harris Bank’s switch to flat fees and Honda Finance’s potential penalty for discrimination in auto-loan pricing.
Here are the top 10 F&I Report headlines for 2014, with links to the full stories:
1. “The story behind that list of dealership slang” (Oct. 29)
2. “Outsmart the fake pay stub” (May 7)
3. “5 F&I trends to watch in 2014” (Jan. 2)
5. “GM takes charge of its branded F&I products” (Oct. 29)
6. “Manufacturers brace for the used-car flood” (April 21)
7. “What’s an F&I pro worth?” (March 10)
9. “GM Financial has big role in GM master plan” (Oct. 8)