* Brands: Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Smart, Sprinter, Porsche, Maserati, Rolls-Royce
* Dealer: Tommy Baker
* Dealership group: Baker Motor Co.
* Full-time employees: 130
* 2013 new-vehicle sales: 1,139, up 10%
* Cool perk: Baker Motor Co. of Charleston reimburses employees for their gym memberships if they sign into their gym of choice at least eight times per month. It offers on-site personal training.
* Matthew Scoggins, director of operations, on retaining employees: "We changed our hours of operation for service to allow our technicians to better balance their work and personal time. We also developed a career track for new sales consultants whereby candidates seeking sales positions are hired as delivery specialists, trained, acclimated to the Baker corporate culture and then promoted into a sales position."
* Scoggins on showing employees that they are valued: "The company shows its employees that they are valued by recognizing achievement at our companywide employee luncheons, in newsletters and through travel opportunities, tickets to concerts and special events and through one-on-one conversations. During our employee luncheons, key employees are given trophies for their success and a gift card to local restaurants and shopping destinations. The company strongly encourages managers to recognize their employees."