Readers of the weekly F&I Report this year were hungry for information about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Six of the 10 most-read stories in 2013 dealt with regulation or the CFPB, including the No. 1 item: "It's official: CFPB gunning for dealer reserve."
A look at the new Chrysler Capital also proved a big draw. Chrysler Capital is the preferred lender arrangement between Chrysler Group and Santander Consumer USA Inc. of Dallas.
Other top stories included a nuts-and-bolts look at loan statistics, an update on Ford Motor Credit Co. and the results of a J.D. Power and Associates survey that explored the impact of F&I on sales satisfaction.
Here are the top 10 F&I Report headlines for 2013, with links to the full stories:
1. "It's official: CFPB gunning for dealer reserve" (March 27)
2. "Payment packing is deception -- 'it's not OK'" (April 17)
3. "CFPB, critics go to the mat this week" (Nov. 11)
4. "What will define F&I in 2013" (Jan. 2)
5. "3 pet peeves about dealers and F&I" (May 15)
7. "Battle heats up among dealers, lenders, CFPB" (Sept. 18)
8. "Why Ford Credit is more frog than swan" (March 6)
9. "Auto loan delinquencies, repossessions rise" (May 15)
10. "Short F&I visits help drive sales satisfaction" (Nov. 20)