Here are the executive changes announced by General Motors today:
- Dan Akerson, 65, will step down as chairman and CEO on Jan. 15, 2014.
- Mary Barra, 51, executive vice president of global product development, purchasing and supply chain, will become CEO. Barra will also join the GM board.
- Theodore (Tim) Solso will become chairman. Solso, 66, is the former chairman and CEO of Cummins Inc. and has been a member of the GM board since June 2012.
- Mark Reuss, 50, executive vice president and president, North America, will become executive vice president, global product development, purchasing and supply chain.
- Alan Batey, 50, senior vice president, global Chevrolet and U.S. sales and marketing, becomes executive vice president and president, North America.
- Dan Ammann, 41, executive vice president and CFO, becomes company president with responsibility for managing regional operations. The global Chevrolet and Cadillac brand organizations and GM Financial will also report to Ammann. He will retain CFO responsibilities at least through the release of the company’s fourth quarter and full-year 2013 results in early February. His replacement as CFO will be named later.
- Steve Girsky, 51, vice chairman, corporate strategy, business development and global product planning, will move to a senior advisor role until leaving the company in April 2014. He will remain on the GM board.