Chapel Hill, N.C.
- General manager: Josh Vaughn
- Dealership group: Hendrick Automotive Group
- Full-time employees: 78
- 2012 new-vehicle sales: 526, up 52%
- Benefit highlight: Company pays half of the cost for uniform shirts, jackets and hats
- Cool perk: Monthly employee luncheon with prizes such as event tickets, gift cards and TVs
- Communications Director Jill McCullough on showing employees that they are valued: "We conduct a monthly ambassador team meeting with representatives from each dealership team. These delegates bring ideas from their teammates and help evaluate dealership processes to ensure implementation and to communicate process flaws and improvement suggestions."
- McCullough on changes in response to staff requests: "During our ambassador meetings, employees said they wanted educational and/or recreational activities at the dealership. Suggestions included CPR, yoga and Zumba. These opportunities were provided and we had great participation and will repeat them."