- Dealer: Rick Niello
- Dealership group: Niello Co.
- Full-time employees: 25
- 2012 new-vehicle sales: 137, up 33%
- Benefit highlight: Employees get discounts when they buy or lease a Land Rover.
- Cool perk: Costumes for various holidays, carnival-themed games (during lunches and breaks) and employee competitions, such as baseball, basketball and bowling teams.
- General Manager Eric Niello on changes in response to staff requests: "Employees wanted a stronger outlet for communication within the dealership and the company as a whole. In response, management created an employee newsletter highlighting topics including coming events, customer feedback, industry news and human resources bulletins."
- Eric Niello on ensuring that employees are paid fairly: "Land Rover Rocklin and Niello Management Co. participate in work force salary studies to compare our compensation philosophy and practices with others in the same industry. In addition to these studies, we continuously reference online salary Web sites and research benchmark position averages to ensure that our dealership has competitive salaries within the local market area and the automotive industry as a whole."