Terre Haute, Ind.
- Dealer: Amy Romain Barron
- Dealership group: Romain Automotive Group
- Full-time employees: 50
- 2012 new-vehicle sales: 427, down 9%
- Benefit highlight: Wellness program with monthly nurse visits
- Cool perk: Christmas luncheon and gift exchange
- John Roettger, executive manager, on showing employees that they are valued: "We regularly celebrate employees' accomplishments with special events, including hosted lunches and dinners, golf and sporting events and entertainment events. In addition, we have a recognition award named the Northbound Train. Any employee can present a Northbound Train certificate to a fellow employee for exceeding expectations related to a customer, employee or community experience. Recipients of these awards are recognized at all-team meetings and in our monthly newsletter."
- Roettger on long-term employees: "We have several employees who have spent the majority of their careers in our organization. Jay Rogers, general sales manager, is a good example. Jay began in 2001 as a part-time porter. After a short time, he moved to the sales department, and he has progressed through the positions of sales consultant, assistant sales manager, pre-owned sales manager, new-vehicle sales manager and general sales manager. In November, we will celebrate Jay's 12th anniversary with our dealership."