Corpus Christi, Texas
- General manager: Steve Chapman
- Dealership group: AutoNation
- Full-time employees: 56
- 2012 new-vehicle sales: 1,299, up 65%
- Benefit highlight: The general manager takes some employees to lunch each week to thank them for their hard work. The top salesperson each month gets to make his or her own work schedule for the next month.
- Cool perk: Three times a year all employees and their families are invited to a minor league baseball game.
- Chapman on showing employees that they are valued: "Winning sales teams are treated to a nice steak dinner when they achieve their sales goals. I also include their spouses at dinner to let them know how important they are to the team. We understand that if they don't have support at home they are less productive at work."
- Chapman on an employee who has taken advantage of advancement opportunities: "Britt Bernwanger was an office assistant who moved directly into a finance manager position. Our management team saw that she was capable of much more and there was a need in our finance department. I thought she would be a great fit, and she has not proved me wrong. We are constantly developing and recruiting talent so that when positions arise we can fill those from our pool of internal candidates."