Fond du Lac, Wis.
- Dealer: Michael Shannon
- Full-time employees: 94
- 2012 new-vehicle sales: 1,583, up 3%
- Benefit highlight: Gym membership reimbursement
- Cool perk: Bluejeans Fridays
- COO Rob Beane on showing employees that they are valued: "Celebrating company and individual successes and accomplishments is a way of life around here. Just recently we hosted an impromptu all-employee picnic, complete with food and activities for team members and their families. The picnic was to recognize and celebrate the total team effort it took to achieve a significant sales goal. Sometimes it is on a smaller scale, such as a luncheon or short ceremony with treats, held within a department to applaud a milestone such as a technician achieving a certification or master tech status or the team's attainment of an objective or award."
- Shannon on an employee taking advantage of an advancement opportunity: "We encourage promotion from within, and have found it to be mutually beneficial. A recent example of that is Chuck Weber, who joined us as a product specialist/sales professional in the summer of 2005. Not only did Chuck perform well in sales, his passion for and grasp of product knowledge led to his promotion as a new-car brand manager, responsible for vehicle selection, ordering and inventory control, in addition to his other duties. And just recently, when a position opened in our sales management team, Chuck applied and interviewed for it and was the successful candidate."