- Dealer: Kenneth Schnitzer
- Dealership group: Park Place Dealerships
- Full-time employees: 62
- 2012 new-vehicle sales: 497, up 2%
- Benefit highlight: No waiting period for benefit eligibility for new hires, health care premium discount for nonsmokers, 401(k) match
- Cool perk: Designated casual days to benefit local and national charities
- Sherry Miller, human resources vice president, on ensuring that employees are paid fairly: "Our dealership conducts an annual compensation review in the fall. Each department manager meets with the general manager and HR manager to discuss a proposal for every employee's compensation against the employee's performance review results and relative position within the pay scale. The new compensation and effective date are approved through this meeting. Once the proposals are approved at the corporate level, they get implemented.
"We also do annual market studies of all of our jobs to ensure we are paying people fairly and competitively not only in our space, but in comparable jobs in other industries in our geographic region."