Automotive News received nearly a dozen national or regional Azbee Awards of Excellence late last month from the American Society of Business Publication Editors.
Nationally, Automotive News won gold in the category of On-Site Trade Show Coverage for its NADA Daily publications. It also received Honorable Mention in the Magazine of the Year category for publications with revenues of more than $2 million a year, making it one of the three finalists for that award.
In other national categories, Automotive News won:
- Silver for Webcast Series by Leslie J. Allen, Edward Lapham, Jesse Snyder, Larry P. Vellequette, Dave Versical, Jennifer Vuong and Tom Worobec.
- Silver for Feature Article: Solo Author for "Countdown to Launch" by Dave Guilford.
- Bronze in the print graphics area for Front Cover -- News Tabloid by Steve Massie.
- Bronze for Editorial/Editor's Letter for publications with revenues of more than $2 million a year by Lapham.
- At the Midwest-South regional level, Automotive News won:
- Gold in the Feature Article: Group Effort category for "Facilities" by Amy Wilson, Jamie LaReau, Mike Colias and the editorial staff.
- Gold for Feature Article: Impact/ Investigative Feature for "Sporty Store is no-go at GM" by David Barkholz.
- Silver for Feature Article: Impact/ Investigative Feature, for "States wary of TrueCar's Methods" by Wilson and Barkholz.
- Bronze for Feature Article: In-depth feature, more than 1,000 words: for "Tsunami: The Aftermath" by Hans Greimel and David Sedgwick.
- Bronze in the Special Section category for Best Dealerships To Work For by the Automotive News staff.