Dealership finance and insurance experts will offer tips and counsel during Automotive News F&I Week, a free online conference of six Webinars on June 11-13.
- L. Jean Noonan and Tom Buiteweg, partners with the Hudson Cook law firm, will answer dealers' questions about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and how the agency will affect F&I activities.
- Kelly Wadlinger of Faulkner Fiat of Harrisburg in Pennsylvania will discuss ways to make the F&I office friendlier to female employees. She also will point out how female F&I employees can make stores more customer-friendly.
- Dave Duncan of Safe-Guard Products International and Tyler Corder of Findlay Automotive Group in Henderson, Nev., will explain why dealers must be proactive as they prepare for tighter U.S. rules on the compensation dealers receive for arranging consumer loans.
- Carl Bennett of Reynolds Consulting Services will provide a step-by-step guide for making an effective F&I sales presentation. (Sample tip: Ask yourself if your approach would appeal to your parents or a family member. If not, change your strategy.)
- Anthony Stoothoff of Ally Financial and Tony Dupaquier of American Financial & Automotive Services will spell out ways to use technology to meet the needs of young buyers while also aligning F&I practices to connect with them.
To sign up for F&I Week, go to fandiweek.com.