After General Motors said it wouldn't advertise on Facebook or during the 2013 Super Bowl, Jaguar North America posted the following about its 2013 U.S. advertising plans on its corporate Web site, blog.interactivejaguar.com.
1) Jaguar WILL advertise on Facebook and welcomes other car companies' fans to "Like" us.
2) Since the big game is the most watched advertising platform in the world, Jaguar WILL consider advertising during the Super Bowl one day, especially if Jacksonville makes it.
3) Jaguar WILL advertise on NFL.com because everyone follows football and our Internet traffic went through the roof in 2011 when we launched the Jaguars at Play spot during a Philadelphia Eagles game.
4) Jaguar WILL advertise on AMC's "The Walking Dead" in support of the new campaign theme that asks, "How Alive Are You?"
5) Jaguar WILL buy YouTube searches for "Fast Cats."
6) Jaguar was considering advertising on AMC's hit show "Mad Men" after Don Draper said over dinner, "You need to take a cold shower after getting out of a Jaguar ... Jaguar is pornographic." We thought twice after the most recent episode when Draper test drove the XKE and indicated "it did nothing for him." WILL FURTHER CONSIDER if Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce gets their prized car account.
7) Jaguar WILL advertise in Playboy as our personal analysis indicates readers read the articles, and the ads, especially ads for topless cars.
8) Jaguar WILL advertise on digital media properties Funny or Die, Gawker and Gizmodo, as there is a real chance this Internet thing is going to catch on.