DETROIT, Nov. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ally Financial Inc., the No. 1 overall retail automotive finance company in the U.S.(1), has expanded its financial literacy program, Ally Wallet Wise, to include a course on Auto Finance. This new curriculum is in addition to the courses on Budget, Credit and Banking & Investing and is designed to provide consumers with easy-to-understand information on car buying, leasing and options with auto insurance.
"Consumers are wise to equip themselves with personal finance knowledge that can help them make educated decisions when buying or leasing a vehicle," said Mike Kane, vice president of Consumer Credit Operations at Ally Financial.
According to a recent survey on auto purchasing that Ally Financial conducted, at least 60 percent of buyers spend time researching their options before walking into a dealership. The Wallet Wise website, www.allywalletwise.com, offers information that can help potential buyers do their homework.
- The automotive finance curriculum provides consumers with information on:
- The pros and cons of buying versus leasing a vehicle
- How to shop for a vehicle
- Key terms when buying or leasing a vehicle
- Optional products that consumers may consider on their finance contract or lease agreement (such as a vehicle service contract, GAP protection and lease wear protection)
- The ins and outs of vehicle insurance