Applications for the 16th annual Automotive News PACE Awards, recognizing innovation and technological advancement, are being accepted through Sept. 11.
The PACE (for Premier Automotive Suppliers' Contribution to Excellence) Awards are open to suppliers that contribute products, processes, materials or services directly to vehicle makers. The awards are presented jointly by Ernst & Young, Transportation Research Center Inc. and Automotive News.
The 2010 Automotive News PACE Awards are presented in five categories:
1. Product. For innovations in new products or services.
2. Product-Europe. As above but for innovations developed or first commercialized in Europe.
3. Information Technology and Services. For innovations in the design and implementation of information systems. Applicants can be parts suppliers, service suppliers or IT companies.
4. Manufacturing Process and Capital Equipment. For innovations involving manufacturing or business processes or capital equipment.
5. Open. For innovations in areas that cannot be classified in one of the above categories or are reclassified at the judges' discretion. Past entries have included human resources and sales and marketing innovations.
After an extensive review of all finalists, including site visits, the 2010 Automotive News PACE Award winners will be announced at a gala ceremony in Detroit on April 12, 2010.
For complete information about the Automotive News PACE Awards and an application, visit autonews.com/PACE or call 313-446-6039. The application fee is $995 through Sept. 11. Late entries will be accepted through Sept. 18 with a $1,500 application fee.