- Rob Will of University Volkswagen in Seattle received a 45-year award for Volkswagen from Volkswagen of America.
- Don Robinson of Scott Robinson Honda in Torrance, Calif., received a 35-year award for Honda from American Honda Motor Co.
- Randy Shaffer of Shaffer Ford in Cumberland, Md., received a 25-year award for Ford from Ford Motor Co.
- Tommy Garten of Alleghany Motor Corp. in Covington, Va., received 25-year awards for Cadillac and Chevrolet from General Motors.
- Mike Klaben and Rich Klaben of Klaben Ford in Kent, Ohio, received a 25-year award for Ford from Ford Motor Co.
- Don Elliott of Don Elliott Chrysler-Dodge in Wharton, Texas, received 25-year awards for both franchises from DaimlerChrysler.
- Group 1 Automotive Inc. in Houston named David Hult its Northeast regional vice president. Hult, 41, had been the market director for the Northeast region. In his new position, Hult will oversee Group 1's 20 dealerships in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York. Group 1 ranks No. 4 on the Automotive News list of the top 100 dealership groups in the United States, with retail sales of 126,108 new vehicles in 2005.
Ken Gensinger Sr., left, and Betty Gensinger of Gensinger Motors in Clifton, N.J., receive a 55-year award for Volkswagen from Jeff Parent, Volkswagen of America's Northeast regional director.
How to submit dealer notices
We invite items and top-quality photos for the dealers section. Please include your telephone number or e-mail address.
Dealer anniversary awards: We do not run items for anniversaries of fewer than 25 years. Photos for 25-45 years should include only two people posed shoulder to shoulder. Photos for 50 or more years should have no more than six people. Please include names (left to right), titles, dealership name and city, franchise(s) held and franchise for which award is given.
You may send a photo electronically in jpg format and at high resolution (300 dpi).
Email items to:
Or send them to:
1155 Gratiot Ave.
Detroit, MI 48207-2997
Donald Butts of Butts Pontiac-Cadillac in Seaside, Calif., receives a 50-year award for both franchises from Susan Keenehan, General Motors' northern California zone manager.
Dealer Marshall Jespersen, left, and General Manager Devin Sullivan of Honda North in Danvers, Mass., received a 30-year award for Honda from American Honda Motor Co.
Ray Kish, right, of Foothills Mazda in Spokane, Wash., receives a 25-year award for Mazda from Jeremy Claeson, Mazda North American Operations' district sales manager.
Send us a letter
Have an opinion about this story? Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor, and we may publish it in print.