Lloyd Guillot opened Rainbow Mitsubishi in Harvey, La.
Northwood University in Midland, Mich., was scheduled to honor 10 individuals with its Dealer Education Awards at a ceremony on Sunday, Feb. 12, in conjunction with the National Automobile Dealers Association convention in Orlando, Fla. Here are the people being honored for their contributions to public or private education:
- Rick Case and Rita Case of Rick Case Automotive Group in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- William Davis of Otsego Automotive and Country Club Chevrolet in Oneonta, N.Y.
- Pete DeVita, market president of the Florida region for AutoNation Inc. in Maitland, Fla.
- Leo Jerome of Jerome Enterprises Inc. in Lansing, Mich.
- Robert Layman of Bobby Layman Chevrolet and Bobby Layman Pontiac-Cadillac-GMC in Columbus, Ohio
- Ingo Meyer of Deutsches Kraftfahrzeuggewerbe e.V. in Bonn, Germany
- Rory Schick of Manassas Chrysler in Manassas, Va.
- Robert Thibodeau Jr. of Bob Thibodeau Ford in Center Line, Mich.
- Gerald Wood of Wood Automotive Group in Calgary, Alberta
Oscar Campos, right, of Thoroughbred Nissan in Tucson, Ariz., receives a 40-year award for Nissan from Kent Brawner, Nissan North America's Southwest regional vice president.
The members of the Illinois Automobile Dealers Association elected officers. Pictured, from left, are Mike Murphy of Mike Murphy Ford in Morton, vice chairman; Darrell Reynolds of Eriksen Chevrolet in Milan, chairman; and Tom Dolan of Freeway Ford Truck Sales in Lyons, treasurer.
The members of the Houston Automobile Dealers Association elected officers. Pictured, from left, are Donnie Buckalew of Buckalew Chevrolet, chairman-elect; Walter Wainwright, association president; Bob Cox of Hub Buick-Hyundai-Mitsubishi, immediate past chairman; Fernando Somoza of Paramount Auto Group, chairman; and Mac DeLaup of John Eagle Honda of Houston, secretary-treasurer. Not pictured is Bruce Baker of Baker-Jackson Nissan, vice chairman. All the dealerships are in Houston, except Buckalew Chevrolet, which is in Conroe, Texas.
Send us a letter
Have an opinion about this story? Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor, and we may publish it in print.