1. Lee Iacocca pitches Chrysler's employee discount plan with rapper Snoop Dogg and actor Jason Alexander.
2. Pontiac introduces the Solstice on NBC reality show "The Apprentice."
3. Lexus attempts product placement in magazine articles.
4. GM budgets $300 million to market value-pricing strategy.
5. Toyota launches massive ad campaign to promote hybrid technology.
6. Jaguar, Land Rover end ads in gay-oriented magazines; parent Ford Motor denies it succumbed to pressure from Christian conservatives.
7. Cadillac enlists rappers, pro athletes and actors as advisers on Escalade.
8. GM combines media buying and planning in a single agency.
9. Toyota takes a financial bath on sponsorship of the NBC reality show "The Contender."
10. GM pulls its ads from Los Angeles Times to protest editorial coverage it perceives as negative.