TOKYO -- Denso Corp. will make car navigation systems in Tianjin, China, through a new company called Denso ITS Co. Ltd. It will start production in February.
The company will make about 60,000 navigation units annually and have 20 employees. The initial capital investment is $700,000, 95 percent of which will come from Denso's holding company in China. Tianjin TEDA Group will add the other 5 percent.
Denso of Kariya-Aichi prefecture, Japan, makes powertrain controls, thermal, electronic and electric systems, small motors, telecommunications, and industrial and environmental systems. Its North American headquarters is in Southfield, Mich.