General Motors pays $251 million (E278 million) in cash for 42.1 percent of new company. Unnamed GM affiliates pay $149 million for 24.9 percent of new company. Daewoo creditors get 33 percent of new company.
New company will sell parts to Daewoo plants it didn't buy for three years, except two years for Poland plant.
* Dealer networks in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland and Luxemburg
* European parts operation in the Netherlands
* Kunsan and Changwon plants in Korea (total capacity: 520,000 units)
* Korean r&d center
* Plant in Hanoi, Vietnam (capacity 20,000)
* Dealer network in Puerto Rico
GM does not buy
* Daewoo UK sales arm
* Daewoo plants in Poland, Romania, Czech Republic and Ukraine
* Daewoo Motor America
* 9 other overseas sales arms
* Plant in Pupyong, Korea
* Plants in India, Egypt, Uzbekistan, Libya, China