1. Cabs are welded by Delga, a Brazilian supplier, in the body shop.
2. Cabs will moved to the paint shop, which is run by Eisenmann, a German firm. The paint and body shops are still under construction.-- dbs.
3. Seats, interior trim and instrument panels are installed by the VDO Group of Germany.
4. Engines are prepared for assembly by Cummins Engine.
5. Iochpe-Maxion, a Brazilian company, adds the brakes, fuel tank, electrical and steering components after shipping the skeletal frame to the plant.
6. An overhead conveyor takes the chassis to Rockwell-Braseixos, which adds the axle and suspension.
7. Wheels and tires are added by Remon Resende Montagens, a joint venture.
8. Workers install the powertrain and cab after the chassis is moved to the main assembly line.
9. At the end of the assembly line, VW's inspectors test-drive the trucks.