* Dealer: Rick Niello
* Dealership group: Niello Co.
* Full-time employees: 26
* 2013 new-vehicle sales: 157, up 15%
* Cool perk: Cards and gift cards given to employees on birthdays, anniversaries and holidays
* General Manager Eric Niello on showing employees that they are valued: "Each quarter, we hold a dealership-wide team-building event at the store. Each department (sales, service, parts and office) is responsible for one quarter during the year. We serve lunch, have a quick meeting to recognize specific people for various achievement, and then we all participate in some sort of team-building challenge. The activity is always kept a secret. Our challenges have ranged from racing virtual Range Rover Evoques in an RV equipped with Xboxes and five large TV screens to competing on an inflatable obstacle course. It's a great way to bring everyone together to laugh and compete and to show our appreciation for all of their hard work throughout the year."
* Niello on changes in response to staff requests: "Our staff requested additional outdoor seating for eating lunch and taking breaks. We purchased two more sets of tables and benches, seating up to 18 more employees so that everyone could enjoy the great weather we have here in California.
"In addition, our staff thought it would be a great idea to offer dog treats to our customers with dogs. We did it, and our customers love it. Whether your dealership is large or small, recognizing the importance of the little things goes a long way in the eyes of the employees."