Is this the next-generation MX-5 Miata roadster?
Photo credit: Instagram
- How GM's 'shampoo princess' is restoring Opel's image
- Chock this out: We may have jumped the shark on Recall-o-rama
- Despite a quirky January, industry is on the right path
- Sergio's plan to sell rebadged Dart, 200 replacements could work -- if he chooses wisely
- In Daihatsu deal, Toyota zigs while Detroit zags
Ahead of its media reveal next month, an Instagram user in Japan may have snagged an early glimpse of the next-generation Mazda MX-5 Miata roadster.
A Miata fan snapped a photo of a roadster wrapped in line-blurring camouflage, but the car’s proportions make it seem like a plausible sighting of Mazda’s fourth-generation roadster.
Our colleagues at Autoweek say the giveaway is the rims used on the current-gen car. All will be revealed when Mazda officially unveils the MX-5 to journalists Sept. 5 in Monterey, Calif.
The MX-5 is expected to go on sale in the U.S. market next summer for the 2016 model year.
You can reach Ryan Beene at email@example.com. -- Follow Ryan on