Is this the next-generation MX-5 Miata roadster?
Photo credit: Instagram
- Regulation vs. technology -- why are U.S. roads getting safer?
- Free of U.S. ownership, Ally expects cheaper funds, maybe more subprime deals
- Handicapping the finalists for North American Car, Truck of Year
- Why the Chinese auto shows will refocus on the car models
- FTC finds fine print too fine, imposes fines
Ahead of its media reveal next month, an Instagram user in Japan may have snagged an early glimpse of the next-generation Mazda MX-5 Miata roadster.
A Miata fan snapped a photo of a roadster wrapped in line-blurring camouflage, but the car’s proportions make it seem like a plausible sighting of Mazda’s fourth-generation roadster.
Our colleagues at Autoweek say the giveaway is the rims used on the current-gen car. All will be revealed when Mazda officially unveils the MX-5 to journalists Sept. 5 in Monterey, Calif.
The MX-5 is expected to go on sale in the U.S. market next summer for the 2016 model year.
You can reach Ryan Beene at firstname.lastname@example.org. -- Follow Ryan on