Media, communications and automotive conglomerate Cox Enterprises Inc. has grouped its automotive holdings under one name and one person.
Manheim, the nation's largest auto auction company, and AutoTrader Group, a collection of digital automotive marketing and software companies, are now part of Cox Automotive, according to signage and employees representing the various properties at a recent trade show in Florida.
Sandy Schwartz, president of Manheim and AutoTrader Group, leads the new entity.
A Manheim spokeswoman declined to offer details about Cox Automotive but did not deny its existence.
AutoTrader.com was founded in 1997 as a Manheim subsidiary. In recent years, as AutoTrader.com began acquiring other companies, those companies were grouped under the AutoTrader Group umbrella.
DealerMatch, a corporate sibling of Manheim that helps dealerships buy and sell used vehicles among themselves while avoiding the auctions, is also part of the new Cox Automotive, as is NextGear Capital Inc., which provides lines of credit for dealers to buy vehicles.
Also part of the new entity:
- Kelley Blue Book, a vehicle valuation company.
- vAuto Inc., a provider of vehicle inventory management software.
- vAuto Genius Labs, a provider of software that assists dealers buying vehicles at auctions.
- Automotive Information Systems, a provider of software that tracks vehicle incentives.
- VinSolutions, a provider of customer relations and Internet management software.
- Haystak Digital Marketing, an automotive marketing company.
- HomeNet Automotive, a provider of dealership inventory management and merchandising tools.