Chevrolet prices 2014 Camaro Z/28 at $75,000
- 2013 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2013 Exotics: Ferarri, Lamborghini and Maserati
- 2013 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2013 Japanese Automakers: Mazda, Mitsubishi and Subaru
- 2013 Ford Product Plans
- 2013 Korean Automakers Future Product
- 2013 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart
- 2013 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Tesla, Toyota, Infiniti, Nissan
- 2013 GM Product Plans
DETROIT -- The 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 will be priced at $75,000, including a $995 destination charge, when it goes on sale. The performance coupe is to be available for order in late January and the first vehicles are due for delivery in the spring.
The Z/28 is so geared for the track that engineers stripped every ounce of weight they could from the car, General Motors North America President Mark Reuss told Automotive News in March. They left just one speaker -- and that was only because it was required to keep the car street legal, so the driver can hear the seat belt chime.
The Camaro comes with just one available option -- a $1,150 package that adds air conditioning and a total of six audio speakers. A six-speed rear-wheel-drive manual transmission is the only transmission offered.
Its 7.0-liter V-8 engine generates 505 hp and 481 pounds-feet of torque and is built by hand at GM’s Bowling Green, Ky., assembly plant.
The Z/28 was sent around the Nurburgring road course in Germany, completing a lap in 7:37.47; four seconds faster than the Camaro ZL1 last year and faster than the published times for the Porsche 911 Carrera S and Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.
You can reach Sean Gagnier at firstname.lastname@example.org.