Ford says a convertible 2015 Mustang is on the way, too
- 2013 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2013 Exotics: Ferarri, Lamborghini and Maserati
- 2013 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2013 Japanese Automakers: Mazda, Mitsubishi and Subaru
- 2013 Ford Product Plans
- 2013 Korean Automakers Future Product
- 2013 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart
- 2013 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Tesla, Toyota, Infiniti, Nissan
- 2013 GM Product Plans
When the 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang debuted, buyers could choose from three body styles -- a hardtop, a fastback and a rag-top convertible.
It was already known that the 2015 Mustang will arrive as a fastback, but Ford today said that a drop-top version is also in the works.
Pictures of the convertible sport a shiny "5.0" badge on the side and chrome "GT" badge on the back.
It is assumed but not yet confirmed that all the standard engines -- the 5.0-liter V8, 3.7-liter V6 and that new 2.3-liter EcoBoost turbo-four -- will be offered.
Expect to see the six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions on vehicle configurators as well.
Ford says the convertible Mustang will be available in late 2014.
For more coverage from Autoweek, click here.