Hyundai will show luxury coupe concept in Seoul
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
LOS ANGELES -- Hyundai said it will show a luxury sports coupe concept next week at the Seoul Motor Show that could hint at a design direction for the next-generation Genesis Coupe.
In a statement, Hyundai called the HND-9 concept "a modern reinterpretation of the elegant image of a classic premium sports coupe." Hints of Aston Martin emanate from the concept's front end and its hexagonal gaping maw of a grille. The long hood flows back to the steeply raked windshield. The roofline stretches in an almost straight line from the apex of the A-pillar.
Butterfly doors and huge wheels add extra drama to the rear-wheel-drive concept, the ninth designed at the Hyundai Motor Group's r&d center in Namyang, South Korea.
Under the hood is a turbocharged 3.3-liter V-6 engine with direct injection that generates about 365 hp, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Hyundai will reveal the coupe at the show on Thursday, March 28.
You can reach Ryan Beene at firstname.lastname@example.org. -- Follow Ryan on