Chrysler video teases '14 Jeep Cherokee
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
DETROIT -- Chrysler Group has released a short video showing the upcoming 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk traversing obstacles off-road in Texas before its official launch next week at the New York auto show.
The video, which lasts just more than a minute, shows the all-wheel-drive Cherokee climbing rocks, going through sand and traversing a very small stream. Only certain parts of the vehicle are shown, including its undercarriage.
The 2014 Cherokee is built on the same platform as the Dodge Dart and is the first Jeep vehicle fully designed by Chrysler under the ownership of Fiat S.p.A. It will be built at Chrysler's Toledo assembly plant and is scheduled to arrive in dealerships this summer.
Automotive News has reported that the Cherokee will have a 3.2-liter V-6 engine and a nine-speed transverse-mounted automatic transmission. The mid-sized Cherokee, not to be confused with Jeep's larger Grand Cherokee, is scheduled to be introduced March 27 at the New York auto show.
You can reach Larry P. Vellequette at email@example.com.