2014 Range Rover Sport leaked online
Photo credit: Autoweek
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
It's getting harder and harder to keep the wraps on the redesigned Range Rover Sport.
In February images of the 2014 Range Rover were leaked in an internal document sent to Autoweek by a dealer.
Over the past few weeks, the company has been teasing the new Range Rover Sport, which will debut at the New York auto show later this month.
And on Wednesday, Facebook community page VMax 200 provided another sneak peek by publishing a shot of the new Range Rover Sport in an auto shop. The page has since been removed.
The front and rear end of the new Sport look much like the rounded Range Rover Evoque, as do its sloping rear window and black window pillars.
The more aerodynamic design is expected to help boost fuel economy.
The Range Rover Sport, with sales of 16,491, was Land Rover's top-selling model in the United States last year.
Land Rover says the new Range Rover Sport is the company's "fastest, most responsive and most agile vehicle to date."
If the Range Rover Sport follows the pattern set by the 2014 Range Rover, it will have the option of a supercharged V-6 engine or the 5.0-liter V-8 engine that is available on the current model year. A supercharged V-8 will be offered in the top model.
The 2014 Range Rover Sport will be the third new or redesigned Range Rover model introduced in two years. It follows the Evoque in 2011 and the redesigned Range Rover in 2012.