Automakers' Super Bowl spots rule YouTube
Carmakers' Super Bowl commercials so far are dominating viewership among the big game's ads on YouTube, the social-media video site.
Car company Super Bowl teases or commercials scheduled to run during the big game held the top five spots as of 10 a.m. EST Thursday, Google said in a statement. Google owns YouTube.
The top five are:
1. Toyota's "Toyota RAV4 2013 Big Game Commercial 'Wish Granted' Starring Kaley Cuoco," 6 million views.
2. Mercedes Benz's "Kate Upton washes the all new Mercedes Benz CLA class in slow motion," 5.6 million views.
3. Audi's "Audi 2013 Big Game Commercial -- Prom," 3.3 million views.
4. Volkswagen's "Get in Get Happy," 3.3 million views.
5. Toyota's "Toyota Game Day Teaser 'I Wish' Starring Kaley Cuoco," 3.2 million views.
Other much-viewed Super Bowl-related videos include:
Volkswagen's "Sunny Side: 2013 Volkswagen Super Bowl Teaser Video with Jimmy Cliff," 1.2 million views.
Ryan Higa for Wonderful Pistachios, "Best Super Bowl Commercial," 1 million views.
Doritos' "Road Chip -- Crash the Super Bowl 2013 Finalist," 1 million views.
Coke's "Coke Chase," 900,000 views.
Doritos' "Goat 4 Sale -- Crash the Super Bowl 2013 Finalist," 650,000 views.
The Super Bowl, pitting the Baltimore Ravens against San Francisco 49ers in New Orleans, airs at 6:30 p.m. EST Sunday on CBS.
You can reach David Barkholz at firstname.lastname@example.org. -- Follow David on and