Audi bolsters performance lineup with RS7 Sportback, SQ5 crossover
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
DETROIT -- Audi is expanding its lineup of performance models with the RS7 Sportback and SQ5 crossover.
Both vehicles were introduced Monday at the Detroit auto show.
Audi had its best U.S. sales year in 2012, with 139,310 units sold, and company officials believe new products and rising industry sales will fuel future volume gains for the brand.
Audi of America President Scott Keogh said the company's lineup and U.S. sales outlook has left him confident the brand can reach the 200,000 mark in the United States “sooner rather than later.”
Worldwide, Audi delivered a record 1.5 million vehicles in 2012.
“Audi dealers have never been more profitable and, more importantly, happy,” Keogh said.
The five-door RS7 accelerates from 0 to 62 mph in 3.9 seconds, while topping out at 190 mph.
The SQ5 is the first high-performance variant of the Q5 crossover to be powered by gasoline. Audi said it built the crossover for the U.S., Canadian and Chinese markets.
Keogh said: “We are the brand of the times.”