Viper production gets featured in NYT Magazine
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
The New York Times Magazine is taking an inside look at how Chrysler Group's most expensive vehicle -- the 2013 SRT Viper -- is built by hand in the company's newly refurbished Conner Avenue assembly plant in Detroit.
The first 2013 SRT Viper rolled off the line at Conner Avenue this week and was greeted with a ceremony attended by the plant's roughly 150 workers as well as Chrysler-Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne and SRT brand head Ralph Gilles.
Overall, workers at Conner Avenue expect to build just about a dozen Vipers each day. The 640-hp sports coupe retails for just under $100,000, including destination.
To see the entire feature, click here.