Hyundai hints at fastback-style roofline for next Genesis
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
LOS ANGELES -- Hyundai seems poised to adopt a fastback-style roofline similar to those of the Audi A7 and other sedans with coupelike styling for its next-generation rear-wheel-drive premium sedans.
That’s what the automaker signaled today in renderings of the Hyundai HCD-14 concept car to be revealed next week at the Detroit auto show. Designers at Hyundai’s Irvine, Calif., design studio created the HCD-14.
The concept could foreshadow the next-generation Genesis sedan, expected to be due for a 2014 model year redesign. In a statement, Hyundai said the concept is “a glimpse into future Hyundai premium vehicle design. The concept also will feature 3-D gesture-based technology controls and “spirited driving dynamics,” Hyundai said in the statement.
The HCD-14 will be revealed during Hyundai’s auto show press conference at 3 p.m. EST on Monday, Jan. 14.
You can reach Ryan Beene at firstname.lastname@example.org. -- Follow Ryan on