Honda plans to tout subcompact car-based SUV concept
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
LOS ANGELES -- Honda plans to unveil a subcompact car-based SUV -- smaller than the CR-V crossover -- at the Detroit auto show in January.
Given that Honda plans to build a Fit-based crossover from its Mexico plant in 2014, this concept likely will preview what that vehicle will resemble.
In a release, Honda said the vehicle "is a global concept model combining a sporty and dynamic SUV profile with a spacious, functional interior."
Honda declined to give further details.
You can reach Mark Rechtin at email@example.com. -- Follow Mark on